The next meeting of the RES Diversity and Inclusion Network will be on 22 November held virtually over zoom.
Date: 22 November 2023
Time: 10:00 – 12:00
The event will be hosted on zoom:
Meeting ID: 840 0721 2865
Please note the event will be recorded.
10:00 – 10:10 Welcome and opening remarks
- Professor Mary Morgan, RES President
10:10 – 10:55 Panel discussion: More Inclusive Recruitment Practices in Economics
- Professor Denise Hawkes (Anglia Ruskin University, RES Chair Education & Training Committee)
- Faith Elliott (Head of HR, Capital Economics)
- Kieran Barry (Market Oversight, FCA and author of research paper ‘A Phenomenological Review of Graduate Hiring’)
- Professor Lisa-Dionne Morris (LDM) (University of Leeds and Founder & Director of the Black Female Academics’ Network)
- Chair: Stefania Paredes Fuentes (RES Diversity Champion and Associate Professor at University of Warwick)
10:55 – 11:25 Supporting the recruitment of economists
- In conversation with: Faith Elliott (Head of HR, Capital Economics), Stephanie Redding (Economics Senior Careers Consultant, University of Warwick) and Tesfa Mehari (Deputy Head, Department of Economics, University of Greenwich)
11:25 – 11:55 Increasing diversity in a think tank: learnings from our apprenticeship scheme and other strategies
- In conversation with: Elaine Kelly (Assistant Director) and Ann Raymond (Economist), the REAL Centre of The Health Foundation
11:55 – 12:00 Closing Remarks
- Stefania Paredes Fuentes (RES Diversity Champion)
The RES Diversity & Inclusion Network
The RES Diversity & Inclusion Network aims to connect individuals and groups working to make Economics more diverse and create a better community. We welcome economists from academia, public and private sectors working on increasing diversity, and creating more inclusive environments for under-represented groups in economics to join us (also join our mailing list to keep up to date with our news and events).
If you cannot attend but believe someone else from your institution may be interested, please encourage them to register.
If you have any questions, please contact Stefania Paredes Fuentes (RES Diversity Champion) at email@example.com or Victoria Parkinson (Programmes Officer, Diversity) at firstname.lastname@example.org.