RES is keen to involve a wider range of members in its work and is seeking expressions of interest to assist with the work of one of three committees: Communications and Engagement Committee, Education and Training Committee, and Women's Committee.
1 The Communications and Engagement Committee is looking for RES members who are interested in joining one of its sub-committees, in particular:
- Outreach to the public (including: RES Presents, sessions open to the public held during the RES conference)
- Communication with RES members (including: the RES website and quarterly RES Newsletter)
2. The RES Women’s Committee is looking for people able to contribute to the Women Committee’s activities. They will work closely with committee members in the management and coordination of the Mentoring Program, Engagement and Communication activities, and the monitoring of the status of women in the economics profession.
3. Education & Training Committee is also looking for people to contribute to our developing work at RES. The committee’s work falls under three stages of Economics Education and Training:
- Continuous Professional Development
- Postgraduate Research Students
- Taught Economics (PGT/UG/School)
Interested volunteers should signal which stage(s) of the work they are most interested in. Volunteers will have a wide range of activities available to them including reviewing submissions for the various RES grants, providing peer review for the various committee activities and acting as critical friends for developing committee ideas.
Each committee aims to involve suitable volunteers as soon as possible, while seeking diversity (in terms of career stage, geographical location, institution, etc) in those involved in its work. If the Society is unable to use everyone who volunteers, a record of those who express an interest will be retained for a year and they may be contacted if further opportunities arise.
An interest in the relevant area is more important than prior experience, with expressions of interest from early career researchers (including PhD students) particularly welcome. The time commitment will average a few hours a month, although this depends on the committee and may vary over the year.
Expressions of interest should be sent by email to email@example.com by the end of October but early applications are welcome. You still can apply after this date as some roles may be available if not, we’ll keep your details on file.
Please include a few sentences about yourself and indicate the committees or sub-committees whose work you are interested in helping.