In honour of Pride Month, the Royal Economic Society would like to share some resources and events to highlight the activities related to topics on the LGBTQIA+ community within economics.
We hope you will be able to take advantage of some of the resources below and attend any upcoming events:
- Discover Economics Pride in Economics event: Discover Economics in partnership with Speakers for Schools will be holding a Pride in Economics event which includes a talk with Adam Mcgeoch, Knowledge Exchange Fellow, Fraser of Allander Institute. The talk will be held on Wednesday 5 July 14:00-14:45. More information here.
- Diversity and Inclusion Network Event: The RES Diversity and Inclusion Network will be holding their next in-person event on 9 June 2023 at HM Treasury, London, co-hosted by the Government Economic Service (GES). This includes a breakout session on ‘Creating inclusive environments for LGBTQIA+ economists’. More information.
- Pride in Economics 2021: Discover Economics in collaboration with RES held an event on 29 June 2021 showcasing the contribution of LGBTQIA+ economists. Watch the recording here.
- Discover Economics Podcast Episode 6: Listen to episode 6 of the Discover Economics Podcast with Ian Burn, an Associate Professor at the University of Liverpool. His research focuses primarily on the economics of discrimination and its impact on labor market outcomes and health; he has focused on discrimination against women, older workers, and the LGBTQIA+ community. Listen here.
- European Committee for LGBTQ+ Economists (ECQE): A committee that works to connect LGBTQ+ economists across Europe at all stages of their career, both inside and outside of academia. Have a look at their upcoming events or join their mailing list here.
We wish everybody a happy Pride Month!