Following last month’s Annual General Meeting, The Royal Economic Society has appointed Prof Mary Morgan (London School of Economics) as RES President and Prof Sir Chris Pissarides (London School of Economics) as RES President Elect for 2023/24. In addition, Imran Rasul (University College London) has been appointed as RES President Elect for 2024/25.
The AGM also ratified the appointments of six new Council members who will serve until 2028:
- Arun Advani (University of Warwick)
- Parama Chaudhury (University College London)
- Stephanie von Hinke (University of Bristol)
- David Jaeger (University of St Andrews)
- Almudena Sevilla (London School of Economics)
- Misa Tanaka (Bank of England).