To help prepare candidates for the European Job Market for Economists 2022 in December, the RES hosted a one-hour webinar last week where participants heard from hiring academics as well as new recruits. For those who missed the event, the recording is now available to view.
Over 100 participants attended the event, where it was fueled with different discussions and questions about various topics about the job market and applying for jobs.
The event was chaired by RES President, Prof Nicholas Crafts CBE, Nick is Professor of Economic History at the University of Sussex and Emeritus Professor of Economic History at the University of Warwick, along with some amazing panellists:
- Prof Alessandra Guariglia (University of Birmingham)
- Ben Etheridge (Essex University)
- Uta Bolt (University of Bristol)
- Seung-Keun Martinez (University of Nottingham)
Together Nick and the panel of speakers covered:
- What hiring institutions are looking for
- What to expect from a virtual jobs market, an insight from a 2021 new recruit
- How to prepare for a 1st interview
- What to expect from an academic visit
- Choosing between your offers.
To access the recording, click here.