In 2019 the Royal Economic Society will launch a new campaign geared to improving diversity in economics and to showcasing the Society’s related initiatives. The RES is seeking a Campaign Coordinator to bring together and launch this campaign, working closely with appropriate stakeholders.
Funding is available for the Campaign Coordinator to be employed on a full-time basis for 4 months, or a part-time basis for 5-6 months. Secondments will be considered.
Reports to: Communication and Engagement Manager
Location: Westminster, Central London (occasional travel to meetings may be required)
Salary: £24-27,000 pro rata
Hours: 35 hours per week (full time or part time)
Closing date: Friday 25 January 2019
- Scope, plan and launch the Society’s diversity campaign
- Bring together existing material around the RES’s related initiatives, and prepare or commission new material
- Support the development of new pages/content on the RES website related to diversity
- Conduct interviews, undertake research, and obtain quotes as necessary
- Prepare a communications plan for the campaign, working with the media as required
- Put in place future planning and materials for the campaign and maintain clear records for handover
- Work closely with relevant RES staff, committees and working groups, and with other organisations as appropriate.
- Experience of delivering compelling campaigns, with a proven track record of developing high quality content
- Understanding and working knowledge of the media
- Experience of or demonstrable interest in digital communications, including website and social media
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work as part of a team
- Flexible and mature approach with ability to work unsupervised
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritise workloads
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Excellent MS Office skills including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritise workloads and work to tight deadlines
To apply please submit your CV along with a personal statement outlining how you meet each person specification point here.